Monday 1 November 2010

More Positive + Negative Prints

After struggling to work out how to change these prints at home from negative to positive as i don't have Photoshop on my laptop, only Paint Shop Pro 9 which i have little knowledge about using, i managed to rustle these together!:

This is a self-portrait, taken on the college campus. 


I originally wanted to capture my head shaking side to side, in order to create an illusion of having two faces like in the image above of Placebo's 'Meds' album. 
But i obviously wasn't shaking my head quick enough whilst the pinhole was exposed for roughly 30/40 seconds. I don't know, i struggled to keep tabs on the times i exposed my lens for.
My  bad.
Despite not getting the result i wanted, i still like this print and intend to upload it onto my Deviantart.



I think i'm gonna have to try and convert the negative of this print into a positive again sometime, next time using Photoshop. Don't get me wrong, i don't mind the positive Paint Shop Pro version, but i am intrigued over how it would look if i did it properly using Photoshop.
I really like both the negative & positive print of this!
They both are quite dramatic i feel, the negative version is really affective-  with the blacked out lighting suspended from the ceiling.
Definitely proud of this, shot it in the atrium at the college for roughly about 10 minutes, a perfectly timed exposure in my opinion! 
I preferred shooting inside the college, when photographing outside, you really have to get the exposure time right. 



This was the worst print. Ever. It's just crap. Ridiculously over-exposed, with very little detail.
Except for the grass, college building, trees and seating.
Mm. Exposed it for-? I don't even know. Too long obviously!


No comments:

Post a Comment