Friday 1 October 2010

Kickin' that bucket

What a quiet, runny-nosed evening i've had.
Thanks to whoever gave me this damned cold!
After watching Bram Stoker's  Dracula (1992 version with Winona Ryder and Gary Oldman) which i thought was pretty decent, i started to channel-flick, hoping to find something worth feasting my eyes on, to pass some time before i felt crappy enough to go bed.
I came across 'The Bucket List' on channel 4, i think. A film I've always wanted to see, but never ended up owning the dvd, nor seeing it in cinema.


I missed half of the film, but what i saw was somewhat inspirational for if i ever come to find myself in of having a form of terminal cancer, i'd like to think that i wouldn't lie in bed feeling sorry for myself, waiting to die.
It did make me a tad emotional, i'm such a sucker for things like that, but luckily noone was around to see me swimming in my own tears! 
I think only Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman were perfect for their roles, (couldn't imagine anybody else becoming the characters), Nicholson being the typical rich, 3-times divorced guy, and Freeman, the loving family man just wanting some free-time after lifetime of working to provide for his family. Fair enough if you ask me.
I was somewhat upset mostly to see that Morgan's character Carter died first, but i knew it was inevitable! I think the fact that it's difficult not to like Freeman plays a big part in my emotional attachment to his character.
Overall, a heart-warming film! I don't want Morgan Freeman nor Jack Nicholson to ever die! :( What a awful day it'll be...

No comments:

Post a Comment